Saturday, December 20, 2008

More Of The Beautiful Guadalupe

In response to our post "Reclaiming The Virgin Of Guadalupe," the fabulous Cristina Acosta left us a link to her website and breathtaking Madonna paintings. Amazing isn't it? the wonderful people who come to visit when you move as far away as you can from racist losers like Tamarack Song.



Here's the comment:
Cristina Acosta said...

I've painted quite a few versions of Madonnas -- Guadalupe, Conquistadora and others of my own. Many of these have American Indian symbols as part of their design structure. Raised Chicana and Catholic in Los Angeles, CA, I live in Bend, Oregon. The Madonnas I paint are on wood panels in the form of a retablo (altar). They are rooted in the traditional Hispanic form of the retablo -- I've diverged to create images that are centered on the Feminine Divine.

http://cristinaacosta.com/Exhibits/Hispanic_Culture_Exhibit/

12/15/2008 2:33 PM

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home